29 Mar Believing in yourself is the start of everything good … I promise xoxo
I recently did an Instagram post that said:
And I really wanted to talk more about this with all of you … so here goes…
I think that most of us think we believe in ourselves, but when it really comes down to it, and if we are truly honest, I don’t think we do …
And on top of that … I think there is a big difference between believing in ourselves and thinking we believe in ourself – if we really honest!
To believe in something (by definition) has two parts to it, both important to what I am saying … but before I get in to the 2 parts … think about this
TO BELIEVE is a verb … is an action right, you have to do something
And then, the two parts to believing in yourself are:
* to accept that (something) is true, especially without proof
* to hold (something) as an opinion; that you think is true
So … now when you put this into the context of yourself …
YOU have to ACCEPT that what you are is TRUE, without needing any proof, and then… hold that OPINION of yourself
We all have good and bad quirks to us, some we like about ourselves and some we don’t – but they real, they are ours, and they are not going anywhere!
Ultimately, we should accept them about ourselves, because once you do, they don’t actually seem that bad!
I thought I would share a few about me to give you the chance to start to be honest with yourself, because once you are, and you put those things on the table, and you see that others have them too … maybe you will accept them about yourself, so here are “some” of mine:
- I don’t handle it very well when people let me down,
- I am terribly stubborn,
- I like things to happen or be done my way,
- If someone hurts me I completely shut down towards that person, and it take a long time for me to open up again,
- When I want something done, I want it done now,
- I battle to do the small talk with people sometimes,
- I am black and white, no in-between for me …
Now when I look at those, and I really look at them … they not SO bad …
And if I look at them again, and rethink how I see them, here is where I get to:
- I don’t handle it very well when people let me down – because I know I wouldn’t let anyone down (pretty nice trait to own)
- I am terribly stubborn – because I have strong opinions (not bad to have an opinion in this world, and be able to stand up for it)
- I like things to happen or be done my way – because when I commit to something I make sure it happens, and as best as I can get it done (again, a pretty nice trait, I do what I say I will do)
- If someone hurts me I completely shut down towards that person, and it take a long time for me to open up again – because I trust people, and if you blow that trust you really should earn it back (maybe a little harsh, but again it is because I wouldn’t do it to anyone)
- When I want something done, I want it done now – because I do what I say I will do (this is a tough one for people working with me)
- I battle to do the small talk sometimes – because I am always on the move and doing what I need done, and sometimes I should remind myself to stop and smell the roses, because they pretty beautiful, and so are the people holding them!
- I am black and white, no in-between for me … this is the new venture I took on for myself this year, to embrace the grey, and I must say it is working, I am completely grey at the moment, and as much as I battle sometimes, I am actually quite enjoying it.
Now when I look at those again, they definitely make up who I am, and what I am, and what I am very PROUD to be as Joy!
I hope that has helped you to see that BELIEVING in you, and who you are (good, bad & ugly) is pretty damn fine!
So I leave you with a thought …