19 Jan Happy insurance, make sure you are up to date, correct, covered and insured!
INSURANCE YOU MUST CONSIDER & CHECK IF YOU NEED
- Household insurance ~ for all the items you have in your house, the items you buy & bring in to your home
- Special Item insurance ~ specific items you list in your household insurance (camera, cell phones, pieces of jewellery, handbags)
- Car insurance ~ your car, & everything to cover it, hail, accidents, other people’s accidents
- Building insurance ~ if you own a home & have a bond, everything structural, that stays if you behind if you move
- Medical insurance ~ for when you get sick, or need to go hospital
- Life insurance ~ yip, your life! But, it is necessary if you own property or have any kind of debt you need to cover your life so it will pay out & cover all your debt & bills
- A Will ~ is super important, just get one!
TIPS & TRICKS FOR YOUR INSURED ITEMS & POLICY(IES) ~
- Make sure the details on the policy document prepared for you are correct – a small mistake can mean they will not pay you out
- Check everything, go through it with a fine-tooth comb, & make the changes you want done on the policy document, scan it in & send it back to them to fix for you
- And then, VERY IMPORTANT, make sure the changes you requested have in fact been fixed!
- Details to check:
- Your address details – physical & postal
- How you house is secured – what security you have and do not have
- Little details – spelling of names, ID numbers, and all that type of details
- And if anything changes in your life after you have updated to be correct, like you move, update your insurance policy again
- Value the items, or total household contents, correctly – check the values you have set – this is what you are insured for, & if something had to happen, you would get paid out the value you have set … so if you under value, you will not be able to replace that item with the exact item that you had!
- Have all the details relevant and specific to the special items you list (jewellery, a camera)
- Take pictures of each item that you have insured, plus the invoice, and even the warranty / guarantee – save in a file directory
- Keep all those bulky and big guarantees in one file, all together